Climbing in the Ossau valley in the Atlantic Pyrenees (64)
Climbing initiation in Arudy :
The vertical world within everyone's reach! On the cliffs of Arudy there are routes from 8 to 30 metres, for all levels.
The introduction to climbing on a school cliff allows you to gradually learn about verticality and height.
You will learn the gestures, the balance and the rope techniques to secure yourself and learn to climb with your family or friends.
The activity lasts 2 to 2.5 hours at the foot of the cliff and a little over 3 hours in total.
per person(from 1 to 4 people)
per person(family 4 pers / group 5 pers / -16 years)
The price includes the supervision, the loan of the equipment, the insurance in RC
Advance booking essential
The activity In detail
- Location: mainly around Arudy (Ossau Valley, 25 km south of Pau, 64). Other possible sites include Gourette, Pont de Camps, Lourdes, etc.
In case of rain, we can offer a climbing session on an artificial wall in Laruns.
- 2 hours to 2.5 hours of activity, but it is necessary to count +/- 3.5 hours in all, adding the approach, the preparation, the return, etc.
- Morning: RDV 8:45 or 9:00
- Afternoon: usually at 1:30 or 2:00 pm
Levels / Difficulties
We have several cliffs with difficulties adapted to all ages: in the Ossau valley, the Arudy sector has 4 different sites, so this is where we practice most often.
In rock school, the routes will be of one length, in the same sector. The start of each route is always from the ground with a belayer also on the ground. The descent to the ground is done by your belayer (the moulinette). We do not move in roped formation (unlike mountaineering). In a climbing school, you will be alternately climber and belayer, and you will be able to try out increasingly difficult routes. There is never any failure since you can come down at any time and choose a route that matches your abilities.
- Be in good physical condition, without necessarily being athletic.
- Children from 7 years old
The activity is supervised by a qualified climbing instructorA member of the Ossau valley instructors' office, Aventure Chlorophylle.
Groups of maximum 10 participants per instructor.
- Climbing harness
- Slippers where appropriate
- Collective equipment (ropes, etc.)
You must plan for
- Trainers, hiking boots or other athletic footwear with adhesion
- A small backpack per group to carry water and snacks
- No credit card for payment on sitePlease bring a cheque, cash (with a deposit if possible), holiday vouchers, ANCV sports vouchers.
- Via Ferrata
- Via Cordata
- MOUNTAIN BIKE
- Catering Parking
There are no reviews yet.