Underground crossing day, "Hayau-Bouhadère
Beautiful abseiling in a chasm in Saint Pé de Bigorre
This day of caving consists of going underground, not into a cave, but into a chasm. Large abseiling descents from the start to cross the Hayau shafts. This spider's thread route ends in the Bouhadère cave network, through which you emerge further down.
A second crossing is also possible at Saint Pé de Bigorre: the Moustalhous cave.
This route is more sporty and is therefore aimed at those who have already done the Hayau-Bouhadère crossing.
per person(from 1 to 4 pers.) 75€ Moustalhous
per person(fam 4 p / gr 5 p / -16 years) 70€ Moustalhous
The price includes the supervision, the loan of the equipment, the insurance in RC
Advance booking essential
The activity In detail
- Place : Saint Pé de Bigorre 65270
- Possible all year round on reservation, the temperature is constant (13°).
- 4.5 to 5.5 hours in the cave
- RDV 10am place de la mairie de Saint Pé de Bigorre, dispersion around 5pm
Levels / Difficulties
Novice in caving, but already initiated to abseiling, you want to do an outing with a maximum of wells to descend on a rope: the traverse is made for you!
Progressing underground will involve walking, climbing, crawling on all fours and very occasionally lying down.
There will be verticals to abseil down (up to 26 metres) and numerous climbing passages
Even though we will be standing in most of the cave, we will have to accept a few low passages.
Regular breaks to decipher the environment will be made, the discovery is fun and friendly.
- Be in good physical condition, have a regular sport practice.
- Have already practised abseiling.
- Children from 13 years old
The activity is supervised by a qualified caving instructor A member of the Ossau valley instructors' office, Aventure Chlorophylle.
Groups of maximum 10 participants per instructor.
- Nylon suit to protect your clothes from most dirt (clay caves)
- Boots (from 30 to 47)
- Knee pads
- Helmet with lighting
Please prepare the list of participants with first name, height (=height in cm), weight, shoe size so that we can come to the meeting point with the appropriate equipment.
This list must be sent to us either at the time of registration or at least 48 hours before the outing.
Communicated at the time of your reservation.
You must plan for
Underground, the temperature is constant: 13° in most of our caves.
- Bring long, flexible sportswear: jogging trousers or tights (no shorts, no trousers, no jeans), a t-shirt + a light, long-sleeved sweatshirt.
- Choose materials that do not retain moisture (e.g. polyester or polyamide).
- A pair of long socks
- Full replacement, from head to toe.
- Picnic lunch to take with you, bottle of water.
- No credit card for payment on sitePlease bring a cheque, cash (with a deposit if possible), holiday vouchers, ANCV sports vouchers.
All our caving packages
The days :
- Via Ferrata
- Via Cordata
- MOUNTAIN BIKE
- Catering Parking