Explorers' half-day caving trip
Share a good time underground with family and friends
The "half-day explorer" formula is suitable for children (from 7 years old) and less athletic people.
The caves are predominantly "horizontal", i.e. there are no passages that require the use of ropes (unlike the other packages). However, the exploration will not be a simple underground stroll: you will have to find your way through the galleries of various shapes and sizes, climb and slip through.
Regular breaks to observe and understand this unique environment will also be part of the programme.
per person(from 1 to 4 people)
per person(family 4 p / gr 5 p / -16 years)
The price includes the supervision, the loan of the equipment, the insurance in RC
Advance booking essential
The activity In detail
- Location: Several possible caves in Saint Pé de Bigorre, Bruges, Rébénacq, Arudy (see map at bottom of page). All these sites are about 20 km from Pau.
- Possible all year round on reservation, the temperature is constant (13°), these caves can be made even by heavy rain.
- 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes in the cave, but it is necessary to count +/- 3 hours 30 minutes in all, adding the approach, the dressing, the preparation, the return, etc.
- Morning: RDV 8:45 or 9:00
- Afternoon: usually at 1:30 or 2:00 pm
Levels / Difficulties
Discovery of caving adapted to the greatest number of people.
Progressing underground will require walking, climbing (easy), crawling on all fours and occasionally crawling (a few metres maximum).
Even though we will be standing in most of the cave, we will have to accept a few low passages.
Without necessarily being sporty, you must be agile enough to move around in a rugged environment: an easy obstacle course of sorts, only mineral.
Regular breaks to decipher the environment will be made, the discovery is playful.
- Be in good physical condition, but not necessarily athletic, limited physical commitment.
- Children from 7 years old
The activity is supervised by a qualified caving instructor A member of the Ossau valley instructors' office, Aventure Chlorophylle.
Groups of maximum 10 participants per instructor.
- Nylon suit to protect your clothes from most dirt (clay caves)
- Boots (from 30 to 47)
- Knee pads
- Helmet with lighting
Please prepare the list of participants with first name, height (=height in cm), weight, shoe size so that we can come to the meeting point with the appropriate equipment.
This list must be sent to us either at the time of registration or at least 48 hours before the outing.
Rébénacq, Bruges, Saint Pé de Bigorre
You must plan for
Underground, the temperature is constant: 13° in most of our caves.
- Bring long, flexible sportswear: jogging trousers or tights (no shorts, no trousers, no jeans), a t-shirt + a light, long-sleeved sweatshirt.
- Choose materials that do not retain moisture (e.g. polyester or polyamide).
- A pair of long socks
- Full replacement, from head to toe.
- No credit card for payment on sitePlease bring a cheque, cash (with a deposit if possible), holiday vouchers, ANCV sports vouchers.
All our caving packages
The days :
- Via Ferrata
- Via Cordata
- MOUNTAIN BIKE
- Catering Parking